AUTHOR: multiculturalmama TITLE: Random Thoughts DATE: 5/22/2008 09:21:00 AM ----- BODY:
I'm in pain, not just any kind of pain, but excruciating, yes I will be taking the vicodin every 4 hours if you please pain. I managed to wrench my back and it's something that will heal over time but I will be starting physical therapy next week to avoid any future mishaps. I had two emergency c-sections with my kids and post-op/epidural wearing off was 100 times better than what I'm feeling now. What makes it even worse is our sitter's last day was yesterday and this is hubby's busiest time of the year so the kids are stuck with a very crabby, slightly giddy, fairly incapacitated mom for the rest of the week. Mister is too young to understand why mommy can't pick him up as usual. I managed to get him out of his crib and he threw a fit when I didn't pick him up. I can't say I feel guilty because it's not anyone's fault but the poor kid seems to think mommy is abandoning him. Bubs has the where with all of a 3 year old. He's supervising breakfast as we speak so their tummys will be full for at least a few hours. Granted, veggie booty is not the best thing for breakfast but if it's what they'll eat, I'm fine with it. I will be missing work the rest of the week--no way I could stand for 4-6 hours--I can't even sit for very long let alone drive to work. Thankfully, there is the flexibilty of working in retail and I think they know I didn't do this on purpose. On an upside, I've gotten a few of the bento box items I've ordered and could kick myself for not making this discovery 8 months ago when we were in SF for a visit. Would have saved me shipping costs, that's for sure. I'll take pictures and post them when things are a little more sane. Bubs was peering over my shoulder when I was scrolling one of my newfound favorite sites and he was very interested and excited about what he saw. Eggs shaped like a car? What 3 year old wouldn't like that?
Now, it needs to be said that Bubs is my now picky eater which has only been a phenomenon for about 1/3 of his life. I made 99% of his baby food so this was the 14 month old that would eat artichoke risotto, chicken, mango and a full bottle much to the amazement of my in-laws. He'd also finish a full breakfast and then pester my niece for some of her waffle. Not the case anymore. He takes a cooking class once a week but we are convinced that his brother will be the chef in the family. Mister has a very happy relationship with food. He's a bigger kid than his brother, but shockingly, only in the 45th percentile for weight for his age. He will eat pretty much anything you put in front of him which is nice. He also has a peanut allergy which forces us to read labels and scrutinize restaurant menus heavily. I think this new bento adventure that I'm embarking on will even things out a little. And, at the very least, keep lunches interesting. We have a gathering to go to across the street Sunday--I'll be limping over just to get out of the house--so I'm going to try making the shaped hardboiled eggs and seeing what the reaction is. Who knows, I may start a new trend of preschoolers bento boxing it to school. Stay tuned for neighborhood reaction.
-------- AUTHOR: multiculturalmama TITLE: Random Thoughts DATE: 5/22/2008 09:21:00 AM ----- BODY:
I'm in pain, not just any kind of pain, but excruciating, yes I will be taking the vicodin every 4 hours if you please pain. I managed to wrench my back and it's something that will heal over time but I will be starting physical therapy next week to avoid any future mishaps. I had two emergency c-sections with my kids and post-op/epidural wearing off was 100 times better than what I'm feeling now. What makes it even worse is our sitter's last day was yesterday and this is hubby's busiest time of the year so the kids are stuck with a very crabby, slightly giddy, fairly incapacitated mom for the rest of the week. Mister is too young to understand why mommy can't pick him up as usual. I managed to get him out of his crib and he threw a fit when I didn't pick him up. I can't say I feel guilty because it's not anyone's fault but the poor kid seems to think mommy is abandoning him. Bubs has the where with all of a 3 year old. He's supervising breakfast as we speak so their tummys will be full for at least a few hours. Granted, veggie booty is not the best thing for breakfast but if it's what they'll eat, I'm fine with it. I will be missing work the rest of the week--no way I could stand for 4-6 hours--I can't even sit for very long let alone drive to work. Thankfully, there is the flexibilty of working in retail and I think they know I didn't do this on purpose. On an upside, I've gotten a few of the bento box items I've ordered and could kick myself for not making this discovery 8 months ago when we were in SF for a visit. Would have saved me shipping costs, that's for sure. I'll take pictures and post them when things are a little more sane. Bubs was peering over my shoulder when I was scrolling one of my newfound favorite sites and he was very interested and excited about what he saw. Eggs shaped like a car? What 3 year old wouldn't like that?
Now, it needs to be said that Bubs is my now picky eater which has only been a phenomenon for about 1/3 of his life. I made 99% of his baby food so this was the 14 month old that would eat artichoke risotto, chicken, mango and a full bottle much to the amazement of my in-laws. He'd also finish a full breakfast and then pester my niece for some of her waffle. Not the case anymore. He takes a cooking class once a week but we are convinced that his brother will be the chef in the family. Mister has a very happy relationship with food. He's a bigger kid than his brother, but shockingly, only in the 45th percentile for weight for his age. He will eat pretty much anything you put in front of him which is nice. He also has a peanut allergy which forces us to read labels and scrutinize restaurant menus heavily. I think this new bento adventure that I'm embarking on will even things out a little. And, at the very least, keep lunches interesting. We have a gathering to go to across the street Sunday--I'll be limping over just to get out of the house--so I'm going to try making the shaped hardboiled eggs and seeing what the reaction is. Who knows, I may start a new trend of preschoolers bento boxing it to school. Stay tuned for neighborhood reaction.
----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Blogger bokumbop DATE:6/18/2008 10:53:00 PM This comment has been removed by the author. ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Blogger Mimi DATE:6/21/2008 04:24:00 PM I'm sorry you hurt. At least the narcotics will have you dreaming of fish shaped eggs and bento food picks! With one teething too... more power to ya. I admit, I don't know how you do it. ----- --------