AUTHOR: MM TITLE: Catching Up DATE: 6/23/2008 04:20:00 PM ----- BODY:

I've been amiss about not keeping up so it's time to get back on track! The back is doing better thankfully but taking the painkillers lasted all about 24 hrs. I had EVERY side effect possible which was all very strange since I had taken it after both c-sections. I guess that tells you about the power of pregnancy and how much your body changes post-partum. It was quickly back to Advil, hot showers and limping about the house for the rest of week (note again, without any outside help!). Thankfully, hubby didn't have to work too much that weekend and I'm now working with a physical therapist. Still having back spasms a lot so I'm definitely down to about 2/3rd my normal speed. On a great note though, Bubs is now potty trained so that has helped a lot! He still wears a pull-up at night but it's not longer a source of stress! Speaking of normal. Summer has finally arrived in Chicago and the weather has been anything but normal. Usually, hubby and I try to get to as many street fairs as possible. This year, it's been a challenge with thunderstorms and rain every weekend! Our landscaping looks great and it's keeping the water bill down but it's a bummer when we want to escape from the house and spend time outdoors as a family. On the other hand, rain or shine, I've found myself making what are usually dreaded trips to the suburbs for Asian food supplies. I was so spoiled growing up in SF without even realizing it. Here, I plan my trip around traffic.com and Cubs traffic. There, I could just walk blocks and everything I could have ever wanted was right there. Now, it's a little more complicated. However, I have discovered some good places to shop.

Some of my purchases:

Mister influenced my 1st purchase. He tasted it, liked it and well, I figured if a 16 month old will eat squid, why not! The pork buns are perfect for Bubs lunches--perfect bento box sized and the last photo is the drawer in my fridge that now houses Asian goodies. Just because of the tendency of strong flavors, it made sense to give them their own space. In the bag, Kimchee for my neighbor. I'm not a fan personally but she is so there you have it (and no, she is not Asian for that matter). {06/24 Update: She loved it! Her husband and mine, not so thrilled by the smell!} Now, after all this shopping done, what to make for dinner tonight...

Labels: , ,

-------- AUTHOR: MM TITLE: Catching Up DATE: 6/23/2008 04:20:00 PM ----- BODY:

I've been amiss about not keeping up so it's time to get back on track! The back is doing better thankfully but taking the painkillers lasted all about 24 hrs. I had EVERY side effect possible which was all very strange since I had taken it after both c-sections. I guess that tells you about the power of pregnancy and how much your body changes post-partum. It was quickly back to Advil, hot showers and limping about the house for the rest of week (note again, without any outside help!). Thankfully, hubby didn't have to work too much that weekend and I'm now working with a physical therapist. Still having back spasms a lot so I'm definitely down to about 2/3rd my normal speed. On a great note though, Bubs is now potty trained so that has helped a lot! He still wears a pull-up at night but it's not longer a source of stress! Speaking of normal. Summer has finally arrived in Chicago and the weather has been anything but normal. Usually, hubby and I try to get to as many street fairs as possible. This year, it's been a challenge with thunderstorms and rain every weekend! Our landscaping looks great and it's keeping the water bill down but it's a bummer when we want to escape from the house and spend time outdoors as a family. On the other hand, rain or shine, I've found myself making what are usually dreaded trips to the suburbs for Asian food supplies. I was so spoiled growing up in SF without even realizing it. Here, I plan my trip around traffic.com and Cubs traffic. There, I could just walk blocks and everything I could have ever wanted was right there. Now, it's a little more complicated. However, I have discovered some good places to shop.

Some of my purchases:

Mister influenced my 1st purchase. He tasted it, liked it and well, I figured if a 16 month old will eat squid, why not! The pork buns are perfect for Bubs lunches--perfect bento box sized and the last photo is the drawer in my fridge that now houses Asian goodies. Just because of the tendency of strong flavors, it made sense to give them their own space. In the bag, Kimchee for my neighbor. I'm not a fan personally but she is so there you have it (and no, she is not Asian for that matter). {06/24 Update: She loved it! Her husband and mine, not so thrilled by the smell!} Now, after all this shopping done, what to make for dinner tonight...

Labels: , ,

----- --------