AUTHOR: MM TITLE: Getting Ready for Company-Pt 1 DATE: 6/25/2008 07:58:00 AM ----- BODY: My inlaws are coming into town this weekend and I'm in a bit of a tizzy. On top of that, Bubs has been under the weather for the last few days. We're not sure what's wrong but my usually bouncy three year old has turned into sad little specimen of his usual self. But sick toddler or not, family is still coming and we're all excited but overwhelmed. Thankfully, I have a sitter these next 2 days and our cleaning lady will be coming by this afternoon to touch things up, but the road to getting the house ready is a long one.
  1. Biggest project: THE GARAGE. After 9 months in our "new" house, it still looks like a storage space and hubby won't get anywhere near it (it's an attached garage so it's not like we can ignore it forever!). Why tackle this now? I need to get sleeping areas ready so stuff from:
  2. The 3rd bedroom and
  3. The playroom can make their way into the garage without fear of never being seen again!

There is also an incentive to getting this project done: a 2nd fridge. In general, we love to entertain and I'm all about quick meals and making things in advance so it makes sense. This weekend, we will have 12 people under our roof: (4) adults and (4) cousins in addition to our family of (4)! That's a lot to feed for the weekend and I certainly don't forsee it being easy to whip up pancakes for a dozen hungry people Saturday AM without some prepwork.

I also want to whip up some Korean Barbecue and freeze a large amount of rice so again, meals go quickly, easily without too much clean up.

Project garage starts in a 1/2 hour. Wish me luck--I'm going to need it!

-------- AUTHOR: MM TITLE: Getting Ready for Company-Pt 1 DATE: 6/25/2008 07:58:00 AM ----- BODY: My inlaws are coming into town this weekend and I'm in a bit of a tizzy. On top of that, Bubs has been under the weather for the last few days. We're not sure what's wrong but my usually bouncy three year old has turned into sad little specimen of his usual self. But sick toddler or not, family is still coming and we're all excited but overwhelmed. Thankfully, I have a sitter these next 2 days and our cleaning lady will be coming by this afternoon to touch things up, but the road to getting the house ready is a long one.
  1. Biggest project: THE GARAGE. After 9 months in our "new" house, it still looks like a storage space and hubby won't get anywhere near it (it's an attached garage so it's not like we can ignore it forever!). Why tackle this now? I need to get sleeping areas ready so stuff from:
  2. The 3rd bedroom and
  3. The playroom can make their way into the garage without fear of never being seen again!

There is also an incentive to getting this project done: a 2nd fridge. In general, we love to entertain and I'm all about quick meals and making things in advance so it makes sense. This weekend, we will have 12 people under our roof: (4) adults and (4) cousins in addition to our family of (4)! That's a lot to feed for the weekend and I certainly don't forsee it being easy to whip up pancakes for a dozen hungry people Saturday AM without some prepwork.

I also want to whip up some Korean Barbecue and freeze a large amount of rice so again, meals go quickly, easily without too much clean up.

Project garage starts in a 1/2 hour. Wish me luck--I'm going to need it!

----- --------