AUTHOR: MM TITLE: Sur Le Weekend DATE: 6/30/2008 08:52:00 PM ----- BODY: So the family was here this weekend and I think we all had a good time! My dinner on Friday went over pretty well and now my fridge is a mishmash of foods. My in-laws from PA brought the coveted Yuenling beer and the ring baloney which I don't think we even have any of left! At least there are two cases of the Yuenling left in the garage--which still fits a Yugo in it.

My kids were run ragged by their cousins. We had in total, six kids (3 boys, 3 girls) ranging from age 16 months to 12 years old. Chaos was probably the best word for it and at times, I eyed the new construction house behind us wistfully wishing our house was 500 square feet larger. We had enough sleeping room, enough hot water, enough bathrooms and all was good. But having a full basement where the kids could just hang out and leave the living room to the adults would have been nice. Oh well! Nothing like a little house envy to keep you motivated at times.
On a fun note, I pulled together some photos I'd pulled from Flickr and some Bento gear and gave it to my SIL whose two girls are just a bit older than my boys. Her oldest, "Rosie" is as particular is Bubs is about her food and we agreed that 1/2 the battle was probably presentation. Rosie eyed me suspiciously as I was putting everything together for her mom and showed quite a bit of interest in the mayo/condiment cases. Meanwhile, their older cousin "D" was eyeing the photos I'd printed out (and laminated) with great interest. Like his youngest cousins, D likes food and has a very healthy relationship with it. Something tells me if I gave him a bento and some pictures he'd probably come up with some interesting lunches of his own. So, all and all, it was a good visit and a good first time hosting. Rosie told me that I was welcome to come to her house to visit any time I wanted and she "wanted to stay forever" at my house. Couldn't hope for a better compliment than that from one of my houseguests!

Labels: , , ,

-------- AUTHOR: MM TITLE: Sur Le Weekend DATE: 6/30/2008 08:52:00 PM ----- BODY: So the family was here this weekend and I think we all had a good time! My dinner on Friday went over pretty well and now my fridge is a mishmash of foods. My in-laws from PA brought the coveted Yuenling beer and the ring baloney which I don't think we even have any of left! At least there are two cases of the Yuenling left in the garage--which still fits a Yugo in it.

My kids were run ragged by their cousins. We had in total, six kids (3 boys, 3 girls) ranging from age 16 months to 12 years old. Chaos was probably the best word for it and at times, I eyed the new construction house behind us wistfully wishing our house was 500 square feet larger. We had enough sleeping room, enough hot water, enough bathrooms and all was good. But having a full basement where the kids could just hang out and leave the living room to the adults would have been nice. Oh well! Nothing like a little house envy to keep you motivated at times.
On a fun note, I pulled together some photos I'd pulled from Flickr and some Bento gear and gave it to my SIL whose two girls are just a bit older than my boys. Her oldest, "Rosie" is as particular is Bubs is about her food and we agreed that 1/2 the battle was probably presentation. Rosie eyed me suspiciously as I was putting everything together for her mom and showed quite a bit of interest in the mayo/condiment cases. Meanwhile, their older cousin "D" was eyeing the photos I'd printed out (and laminated) with great interest. Like his youngest cousins, D likes food and has a very healthy relationship with it. Something tells me if I gave him a bento and some pictures he'd probably come up with some interesting lunches of his own. So, all and all, it was a good visit and a good first time hosting. Rosie told me that I was welcome to come to her house to visit any time I wanted and she "wanted to stay forever" at my house. Couldn't hope for a better compliment than that from one of my houseguests!

Labels: , , ,

----- --------