AUTHOR: MM TITLE: All things green DATE: 7/26/2008 03:01:00 PM ----- BODY: Thanks to another Chicago mom's blog A Hen and Two Chicks, I found out Alice Waters of Chez Paniesse was going to be shopping and book signing at the Green City Market this morning. Mister got up ridiculously early for a Saturday and Bubs soon followed so I packed them up and away we went. It was a good excuse to go: we were there almost every other weekend last summer and I'm still trying to figure out why it took me so long to get over there--10 minutes, no traffic, provided we leave by 9am. Metered parking right in front--yea! Fresh fruits and veggies abound, all trucked in from various farms in Illinois, Indiana and Michigan. And Alice Waters was there which was our main reason for going. I immediately snapped up a copy of her latest book, "The Art of Simple Food" and got in line for an autograph--not usually my thing but considering that I had never stepped foot in Chez Paniesse in all my years of living in the Bay Area and at one point, 5 minutes away when I was at Cal Berkeley, it felt like a little bit of home. We were not disappointed. Looks like I know what I'm going to spend the rest of my summer reading, my autographed copy of "The Art of Simple Food."

Labels:

-------- AUTHOR: MM TITLE: All things green DATE: 7/26/2008 03:01:00 PM ----- BODY: Thanks to another Chicago mom's blog A Hen and Two Chicks, I found out Alice Waters of Chez Paniesse was going to be shopping and book signing at the Green City Market this morning. Mister got up ridiculously early for a Saturday and Bubs soon followed so I packed them up and away we went. It was a good excuse to go: we were there almost every other weekend last summer and I'm still trying to figure out why it took me so long to get over there--10 minutes, no traffic, provided we leave by 9am. Metered parking right in front--yea! Fresh fruits and veggies abound, all trucked in from various farms in Illinois, Indiana and Michigan. And Alice Waters was there which was our main reason for going. I immediately snapped up a copy of her latest book, "The Art of Simple Food" and got in line for an autograph--not usually my thing but considering that I had never stepped foot in Chez Paniesse in all my years of living in the Bay Area and at one point, 5 minutes away when I was at Cal Berkeley, it felt like a little bit of home. We were not disappointed. Looks like I know what I'm going to spend the rest of my summer reading, my autographed copy of "The Art of Simple Food."

Labels:

----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Blogger The Hen DATE:8/08/2008 09:24:00 PM You have to tell me what you think about her book. We are addicted to the Slow Roasted Pork Shoulder with dried chilies. Yum.

I really like that she focuses more on general technique and approach, rather than specific ingredients and quantities. ----- --------