AUTHOR: MM TITLE: Community DATE: 7/20/2008 01:10:00 PM ----- BODY: Sunday afternoon--just a lazy sunny day. I'm excited about the comments I'm getting on my posts--please keep reading and please keep the comments coming. Parenting has its challenges and parenting in a multicultural household can be even more challenging. I suspect as families move further from each other and break away from some traditions, some things still hold the same--the need for support from others. That is probably my biggest challenge is finding the support I need so I don't consistently feel like I'm isolating myself or my children because of my "old school" ideas on parenting. It's much more complex that than but I think you know what I mean! Blogging seems to be a way to reach out and create community and I am grateful for those who have read (please keep reading!) and commented and for those who have read and maybe just haven't had anything to comment on yet (please comment--I'd love to hear from you!). On another on a fun note, more bento pictures coming soon. DH finally brought his camera home from work so I'll have those up soon!

Labels: , ,

-------- AUTHOR: MM TITLE: Community DATE: 7/20/2008 01:10:00 PM ----- BODY: Sunday afternoon--just a lazy sunny day. I'm excited about the comments I'm getting on my posts--please keep reading and please keep the comments coming. Parenting has its challenges and parenting in a multicultural household can be even more challenging. I suspect as families move further from each other and break away from some traditions, some things still hold the same--the need for support from others. That is probably my biggest challenge is finding the support I need so I don't consistently feel like I'm isolating myself or my children because of my "old school" ideas on parenting. It's much more complex that than but I think you know what I mean! Blogging seems to be a way to reach out and create community and I am grateful for those who have read (please keep reading!) and commented and for those who have read and maybe just haven't had anything to comment on yet (please comment--I'd love to hear from you!). On another on a fun note, more bento pictures coming soon. DH finally brought his camera home from work so I'll have those up soon!

Labels: , ,

----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Blogger gooksu DATE:7/25/2008 02:07:00 PM I just found you through Kimchi mamas and was excited to see another fellow Chicagoan mom raising children of multi-race and struggling with our parenting styles. Nice to "meet" you and just wanted to say Hi. I like it when new people post comments on my blog so I try to do it when I read other new blogs. ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Blogger MM DATE:7/25/2008 03:54:00 PM Good to "meet" you as well! I just stopped by your blog and left a note. It is a challenge raising kids here--big city but small minded at times! Good to know there are other Chicagoans going thru the same thing--reaching out has to have a positive effect in the long run! ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Blogger Cindy Fey DATE:9/10/2008 10:52:00 PM Welcome to Chicago Moms Blog! Great to have you and I look forward to reading your posts here and there! ----- --------